Hunter Girls’ High School began life in 1923 as the Girls’ Department of Newcastle Central School. Over the next 52 years, the School had 4 name changes. A detailed history of the school is contained in the book “From Central to Hunter” by Sandra Bernhardt and Lottie Young.
The School song, sung to the tune of the Anvil Chorus, is provided through the link Hunter Girls’ High School Song.
A brief history of each school is provided on this website through the following links: